April is here and warmer weather is on its way! There is so much going on around New Haven County to celebrate Spring, get out there and enjoy! Here are some great local events to get you up and out…
- Wooster Square Farmer’s Market takes place every Saturday, and as of April 6, 2019, it will be held at its outdoor location on DePalma Court, between Wooster Street and Chapel Street. Don’t miss out on the best farmer’s market in Connecticut, with lots of local produce, baked goods, soups, farm fresh milk, eggs, cheese, meats and even some fresh treats for the pups. There are always a nice assortment of food trucks as well for some freshly cooked goodies.
- Brew On 9 in Downtown New Haven is a great kickoff to Spring! Sip some brew, taste incredible food throughout the 9th Square neighborhood and participate in crafty activities at Makehaven, Artist & Craftsman and The Institute Library! This is happening Thursday April 4th from 6-9pm and it is recommended to get your tickets in advance to guarantee your spot. Get your tickets here.
- Annual Latino and Native American Film Festival is scheduled this year for Thursday April 4th from 5-8:30pm. Currently in its 9th year, the Latino & Native American Film Festival (LANAFF) is groundbreaking in its dedication to the recruitment and retention of Latino and Native American students toward furthering their education at the university level. The Festival focuses on feature films, documentaries, shorts, and animations, as well as through other artistic manifestations, by or about Latinos and Native Americans. The Festival has helped familiarize the university’s, public schools’, and Greater New Haven’s diverse communities with excellent artistic, social, political, and entertainment film projects being created by contemporary filmmakers.
- New Haven Restaurant Week New Haven is such a foodie town, take advantage and get the best bang for your buck! This year there are nearly 30 local restaurants serving up delicious prix-fix menus at only $17 for lunch and $31 for dinner. Its a great way to get out to try some new places or possibly some new items at a place you already frequent. Starts Sunday April 7 and goes until Friday April 12th!
- Connecticut Spring Apple Hunt Ready to get out of town for the day? Take a drive north to Middlefield, CT where you can participate in the Spring Apple Hunt at Lyman Orchards. There will be magic shows, pony rides and face painting for the kids! Great day for the family AND a nice scenic drive! Starts at 9am on Saturday April 13, 2019.
- Craft week at IKEA Looking for something to do with the kids during spring break! Head around the corner to IKEA for an entire week of crafty events. Pre-registration required, all ages are welcome! Register Here Today!
- Meriden Daffodil Festival! Mark your calenders for this amazing festival at Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT on Saturday April 27, starting at 10am. With exciting rides, unique and creative foods, a juried craft fair, and an amazing fireworks show—all set against 600,000 beautiful daffodils—they truly have it all. And thanks to the generous local community, parking, shuttle bus service, admission, and entertainment on three stages is all FREE!
- “Worth Tasting” Downtown New Haven Culinary Walking Tour is a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in the Spring in New Haven! With the Yale architecture as your backdrop, you will check out some of the city’s finest restaurants for a taste of what they have to offer. Great way to meet other locals, see the city on foot and enjoy some incredible eats! Starts at the Omni Hotel at 10:45am and finishes up around 2:30pm. Click here to register!
- Wooster Square 46th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival Come see me and the Seabury Hill Realtors crew on Sunday April 28, 2019 to celebrate the 46th Annual Cherry Blossom festival! There will be live music, food trucks galore and lots of local artists and authors. This is a pet friendly event, come out with the whole family and meet the neighbors!
Looking forward to a wonderful Spring this year and seeing you all around. Feel free to reach out if there is anything that I can help with, both real estate and community related!